To prevent these complications and restore an enhanced cosmetic appearance, many patients choose to undergo dental implant surgery, which allows them to achieve a beautiful smile, improved self-esteem and optimal functionality. In addition, when dental implants are placed by an expert oral surgeon, they are incredibly durable and can last a lifetime.
With years of experience and exceptional technical expertise, Dr. Abu Sultan in Burlington, is skilled at addressing the full scope of issues related to missing teeth and preventing long-term complications. Having helped countless patients achieve a beautiful, natural-looking smile and reclaim their oral health, Dr. Abu Sultan is recognized for delivering among the best Burlington, Ontario dental implants available.
An Overview of Burlington Dental Centre Implants
- Dental implant surgery is comprised of two stages and involves both your oral surgeon—Dr. Abu Sultan—and your restorative dentist.
- Choosing your implant surgeon is the most important decision you will make on your journey to restoring a full set of functioning teeth. While the teeth that will eventually crown your implants are the visible end of the process, it is the quality of the implants and the skill of the implant surgeon that will determine the success of the surgery.
- Providing outstanding service to her for dental implants patients is the standard by which Dr. Abu Sultan measures her work. Knowing the implants are the most crucial phase of the restoration procedure, she is meticulous in her preparations and placement methods. Placing dental implants into the living tissue of the bone requires an intimate knowledge of the nerves and blood vessels that interact with bone as well as the impact dental implants will have on the patient’s sinuses.
- During the first stage of the procedure, our Burlington Dental Centre dental implant surgeon, Dr. Abu Sultan, will place thin titanium posts along the jawline where the teeth are missing. These metal posts are the actual dental implants. Acting as root substitutes, they will bond to the bone to become a permanent part of the mouth—thus creating a strong foundation for artificial teeth.
- Placing the implants may take several sessions depending on how many are needed. During surgery you will be made comfortable through anesthesia which you and the doctor will have discussed during your pre-surgery consultation. Choosing the best anesthesia and possibly intravenous sedation if needed will make the surgery short and pleasant.
- During the healing period you will not be without teeth. Partial or full dentures will be made before removal of any existing teeth. These dentures will be worn over the implants while they heal so you can eat and socialize as usual. At our clinic, dental implants are not placed until Dr. Abu Sultan is confident that they are fully healed. Wearing the dentures may be inconvenient but prematurely continuing to the second phase of restoration could lead to complications.
- After a period of approximately three to six months, the metal anchors will have successfully bonded to the bone and the second stage of dental implant surgery will begin. At this point, your restorative dentist will fit, create and place the artificial teeth, and your beautiful and functional new smile will be a reality.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Committed to delivering the highest level of patient care, Dr. Abu Sultan carefully considers several factors before determining whether a patient is an ideal candidate for dental implants.
To begin, the patient should possess healthy gums and sufficient bone structure to support the implants. If the individual is lacking in one of these areas, Dr. Abu Sultan will address that issue first, before proceeding with dental surgery. In addition, heavy smokers, patients with uncontrolled diabetes or heart disease, or patients with a history of radiation therapy to the head or neck area will be evaluated on an individual basis to determine if dental implant surgery is appropriate.
Burlington Dental Centre’s standards are founded on the best practices accessible in the industry of industry today. That offers us the edge we need to offer the care you truly deserve. Treatment planning for each aspect of your dental program is a combined effort. It involves effort between you and our skilled dental team.
Dr Raghda Abusultan
Dr Raghda Abusultan is a graduate of the National Examination Board of Canada and a member of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. She has been practicing dentistry in the Kitchener and Waterloo area.